By URL
By Username
By MRSS
Enter a URL of an MRSS feed
 
or

Man Causes Fire After Drying Underwear In Microwave - as part of the news series by GeoBeats.Ahh the little things in life that we take for granted; like a clothes dryer. It doesn’t sound like much but the lack of one led one man to accidentally start a fire in the UK. Dorset Fire and Rescue Service was dispatched to a Market Street apartment on Sunday when a second floor resident tried to dry his undergarments in a microwave. He was led to safety by neighbors, and two firemen quickly put out the fire, leaving behind “slight smoke damage’. A fire and rescue spokesperson says “All items of clothing were destroyed in the fire. The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them.” In July, another incident occurred involving a microwave and something smelly inside. An unknown culprit decided to heat human excrement in Brighton Council’s microwave oven. According to The Argus news, the microwave could not be removed right away as it was bolted to the wall, but council officials say they will not be replacing the machine.